a month ago

Do one have to pay the international fees if you get converted from H4 Visa to F1 Visa after first year of college?

Hello there, I'm asking this question for one of my friend...I know that being an H4 Visa student, you are eligible to pay the in-state tuition fees, but with H4 Visa, you can't get campus jobs nor any internships. So people said that converting to F1 after first year of college might be a better option as you can get OPT, internships, etc. BUT, the main concern is fees. If one decides to study in student visa after first year of college, do she/he has to pay international fees or continue to pay in-state tuition fees?

P.S. Let's imagine that the student's parents are H1B Visa Holder.

Thank you!

🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @sakku100 to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

1 answer

Accepted Answer
a month ago[edited]

Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works