5 months ago
School List Suggestions

English Proficiency Test

I studied in a English school and have not given an English Proficiency Exam as an international student. I intend to but I will not be able to submit it with my Early Decision. What should I do?

🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @kinara to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.
You can earn an 🚀 Above and Beyond award if the original poster thinks your reply takes the conversation to the next level!
5 months ago


You could take the home edition of the TOFEL, or the Duolingo English Test (DET). The DET is easy to take from home and is simple to take too.

If both these options don't work for you then, you could see them on your selected college's websites about the waiver. Usually, most colleges say a proficiency exam isn't required if your four years of high school were in English, check it out.

Hope this helps (:


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works