- My unweighted GPA is a 3.7
- My SAT is a 1210
- I've taken 3 AP classes and am currently taking 2 more
- I am President/Vice President of 4 clubs in my school
- I am part of NHS
- I want to stay within NYC, 1.5 hours to 2 hours away max
- I want to study Pharmacy
- I wish to become a Pharmacist
Please help me out, I am lowkey running out of time
1. St. John's University: St. John's offers a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program through its College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. It is located in Queens, New York, which is within the NYC area.
2. Long Island University: LIU offers a Doctor of Pharmacy program at its Brooklyn campus. It is conveniently located in Brooklyn, which is part of NYC.
3. Rutgers University: While not in NYC, Rutgers University's Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy is located in Piscataway, New Jersey, which is within a reasonable commuting distance from NYC. It offers a Doctor of Pharmacy program.
4. Touro College of Pharmacy: Touro College of Pharmacy is located in Harlem, Manhattan. It offers a Doctor of Pharmacy program.
5. Fordham University: Fordham University, located in the Bronx, offers a Pre-Pharmacy Program that prepares students for entry into Pharm.D. programs.
6. St. John Fisher College: St. John Fisher College in Rochester, New York, offers a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Studies program, which is a pre-pharmacy program preparing students for further study in pharmacy.
I would possibly consider Stony Brook University if you had not already looked at it yet. It’s about an hour outside of New York City in Stony Brook, New York (which is also known as one of the best places to live in New York). The acceptance rate is 48% with their SAT range around 1300-1490, but it is also test optional. Their GPA is around 3.64 putting you right around the GPA mark. They do have your pharmaceutical degree and it’s also recognized as one of the top 75 medical schools in the country as well as the 6th best liberal arts school in the country. Because you are involved in so many extracurriculars, those will definitely boost your application. Hope this helps. Good luck!
To keep this community safe and supportive: