What are your chances of acceptance?
Your chance of acceptance
Duke University
Loading…
UCLA
Loading…
+ add school
Your chancing factors
Unweighted GPA: 3.7
1.0
4.0
SAT: 720 math
200
800
| 800 verbal
200
800

Extracurriculars

Low accuracy (4 of 18 factors)

Average multiple choice score on AP World?

Hey everyone, I'm curious about what the average multiple choice score for the AP World History exam is. How many questions should I aim to get right to improve my chances of getting a good overall score? Thanks in advance!

7 months ago

Hello! The AP World History exam consists of 55 multiple-choice questions, and you have 55 minutes to complete this section. To determine how many questions you should aim to get correct, it's essential to understand the scoring distribution, which is based on a 1-5 scale.

The average multiple-choice score varies from year to year and is influenced by the difficulty of the test and how well students perform. In recent years, the average multiple-choice score has been around 50%-60%. To earn a 5, students typically need to score above the 70%-80% range, while a score of around 60% is usually sufficient for a 4.

Keep in mind that this section only accounts for 40% of your total exam score, with the remaining 60% coming from the free-response section. To improve your overall score, focus on both multiple-choice and free-response sections. Practice under timed conditions and review key content to enhance the depth of your knowledge.

In summary, aiming to correctly answer at least 33-39 questions (60%-70%) on the multiple-choice section is a good target, but remember to also invest time in preparing for the free-response section for a well-balanced performance on the exam. Good luck!

7 months ago

About CollegeVine’s Expert FAQ

CollegeVine’s Q&A seeks to offer informed perspectives on commonly asked admissions questions. Every answer is refined and validated by our team of admissions experts to ensure it resonates with trusted knowledge in the field.