Hey everyone, I'm a junior planning to visit some colleges soon. I want to make the most of my visits, but I'm not sure how to do that. What should I be looking for during my visits, and are there any specific questions I should ask? Thanks for your help!
Hi there! It's great that you're thinking ahead and planning your college visits. To make the most of your visits, you should try to get a feel for the campus culture, academic programs, and support services. Here are a few suggestions to help you do just that:
1. Take a guided tour: This will give you a general overview of the campus and its facilities. Don't be shy to ask your tour guide questions about their experiences at the college.
2. Attend an information session: These sessions typically cover details about the college's admissions process, financial aid, and academic programs.
3. Sit in on a class: If possible, observe a class in your intended major or an area of interest. This can give you a sense of the teaching style and classroom dynamic.
4. Talk to current students: Make an effort to chat with students on campus. They can provide valuable insights into the campus culture and their experience at the college.
5. Explore the surrounding area: Spend some time in the nearby community to see if it's a place you'd enjoy living in for four years. Good luck on your visits!