Hey all, I'm a high school junior and I'm planning to visit some colleges over the next few months. What should I do during these visits to get the most out of them? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Hi there! It's great that you're starting your college visits early. When my child was visiting colleges, we found it helpful to follow these tips to make the most of each visit:
1. Attend an information session and campus tour: This will give you a general overview of the college, its programs, and facilities.
2. Sit in on a class: If possible, attend a class in a subject you're interested in. This will give you a feel for the teaching styles and class environment.
3. Talk to current students: Chat with students around campus to get their perspectives on the college experience, both academically and socially.
4. Explore the campus and surrounding area: Check out the dorms, dining options, library, and other campus resources. Also, get a feel for the local community and see if it's a place where you'd enjoy spending your time.
5. Take notes and photos: Document your impressions of each college so you can compare them later when making your final decision.
Good luck with your visits, and I hope you find the perfect fit!