Hey everyone, I'm a junior and I feel like my extracurriculars are a bit lacking. What are some good activities to get involved in that will look impressive on my college applications? I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks for your help!
Hi there! It's great that you're looking to boost your extracurricular involvement. Colleges appreciate well-rounded applicants who demonstrate passion and dedication outside of the classroom. Here are some suggestions for activities that can help you stand out on your college applications:
1. Volunteering: Look for local organizations that align with your interests, or start your own community service initiative. This can demonstrate leadership and a commitment to making a difference.
2. Clubs and organizations: Join clubs at your school that interest you, such as debate, student government, or robotics. If your school doesn't have a club you're interested in, consider starting one!
3. Sports: Participating in a sport, whether at the varsity level or through a community team, can showcase your teamwork and dedication.
4. Arts: Get involved in theater, music, or visual arts, either through school programs or community groups. This can highlight your creativity and passion.
5. Internships and job-shadowing: Look for opportunities to work or shadow professionals in a field you're interested in. This can give you valuable experience and show colleges that you're serious about your future career.
Remember, it's not just about the number of activities you participate in, but the depth of your involvement and the impact you make. Choose activities you're genuinely passionate about and commit to them wholeheartedly. Best of luck!