To start this off, because of the society we live in, the amount of money you earn through your major/profession is something I have to consider. So I've already had to kick off some of my greatest passions to the side just because, realistically, I don't want to be struggling with life doing something I enjoy. I rather have that as a side hobby per say. But regardless, I have really varried passions and interests, and that combined with my academic achievement in certain ones just makes me lost in this whole major and career finding process.
- history (especially world history, and especially West Asian + Eastern European)
- medicine (specifically only that of actually existing within the hospital and sort of the work that a doctor would do, I'll elaborate a bit more later)
- writing (especially argumentative)
- culture, politics, philosophy, just all that mishmash. (all of that in a sense)
- finance + business
- I am horrible at all the sciences (especially physics)
- I am not the best at public speaking
- I get really bored in english classes and they generally don't interest me (although I do decent in them)
- I get bored of things really quickly and my interests jump around a lot
idk what yall can get out of that information, but if you have other questions that can help you respond to my original question, let me know. thank you!
There's a website called YouScience where you take a series of tests and it matches you with careers that line up with your interests and how you learn! It's really awesome, the only downside is that it isn't free: it's $30. I honestly think that it's worth the money though.
ooh thank you!
Just a suggestion, but have you considered being a financial advisor? It pays well and gives you a lot of opportunities in the corporate world, so it would give you the stability you want. Look into it and see if it interests you; again, just a suggestion. My cousin is majoring in finance and plans on being this, and she wants to work for the CIA, which is how I know about this. It might combine your interests in politics, economics, and mathematics :)
To keep this community safe and supportive: