I was wondering if there are any scholarships that aren’t only dependent on my GPA ?Answered
I am a junior but my gpa is barely above average (3.2). I was hoping this wouldn’t negatively affect my ability to get a scholarship as it would be a great help to my parents as with three kids only a 1 and 5 years apart paying for university would be difficult.
Earn karma by helping others:
Hi! There are a ton of essay writing or even just random selection scholarships that you can apply to. You just have to research for them and some of the best sources are:
1) Scholarship Owl - this website searches and filters scholarships depending on your GPA, the college you are applying to and also the major you want to get in.
2) JLV College Consulting - this is a blog actually but it provides a TON of scholarship information that are grouped into categories for you to apply for.
3) (If you are an international student) - Internationalstudent.com - this website is GOLD! It gives you all the info you need about studying abroad and scholarship opportunities. And Goabroad scholarships!
There are a lot more available out there - all you have to do is to search!
Check out our new scholarship feature! Just use this link here: https://www.collegevine.com/scholarships. While potentially not as much money as some scholarships (for now) but entering is hassle free and couldn't be any easier. No GPA requirements, no essays, 100% free. Given you're a junior and have siblings you'll have plenty of chances to win over the coming year(s). Any little bit helps!
I'd say check out the scholarships that require essays! Those usually test your ability of how well you can write an essay rather than your GPA. Hope that helps!
Yes there are a bunch! A quick google search and you can find some. There’s fun ones based on superheroes, cooking, crafts etc. A quick google search can help!
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!