Scholarships for International Students
Does anyone knows if Team College Vine Scholarships are eligible for International Students? Also, anyone knows platforms like Going Merry and College Vine for scholarships for international students studying abroad? Please recommend if you know.
I am an international student and I have received a couple of scholarships. It is certainly possible! There are plenty of opportunities out there that are open to international students. You can start by looking at scholarships that members of your country's diaspora started. For eg. I got two scholarships just for being Caribbean/Jamaican.
Next, you can start looking for opportunities in the US. You have scholarships for immigrants and other minorities etc. I received another scholarship from a US-based organization based on my race. It is up to you to find what makes you unique and do your scholarship search! I know another international student from Jamaica who amassed a 10K scholarship the other day!
However, as an international student, you do have to get a bit more creative; other than using platforms such as Fastweb, going merry, etc, because they were started mainly with domestic students in mind.
Scholarship recommendation: 1. MPower Financing (for international students only)
2. Western Union Foundation (Not sure when the application process will resume; but keep it in mind.) International students only
3. Mastercard Foundation (For Africans only)
These are general scholarships as I do not know your demographics to make specific suggestions.
I hope this helps!
Thank you so much! That was really helpful
There are top 10 scholarships available for international students:
1. Government-funded International Scholarships
2. University-funded International Scholarships
3. Institute-funded International Scholarships
4. Joint Japan World Bank Scholarships (Various Countries)
5. Rotary Foundation Global Study Grants (Various Countries)
6. Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University (China)
7. Knight-Hennesy Scholars Program at Stanford University (USA)
8. Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK)
9. Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK)
10. Australia Awards Scholarships (Australia)
Marina Real Valencia= https://www.universityliving.com/spain/valencia/marina-real
Hey @LeenAlshibi, great question! Unfortunately due to US laws and regulations the CollegeVine scholarships are only for current US residents.
As far as scholarships for international students, those can definitely be hard to come by. Maybe check out this site and see if any of the websites they mention are helpful for you: https://www.usnewsglobaleducation.com/all-advice/15-best-sites-for-international-scholarships-loans-and-more/.
I haven't looked through all those sites so I can't say for sure how helpful those sites are but it might be worth a look!
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!