Questions & Answers
What's new: 6 more experts joined the community!
To help you all get answers faster during this challenging time, we’ve introduced 6 new verified experts to the Q&A community. You can submit questions as usual, or use to guarantee an expert answer.
Who are the verified experts?
jcdenton ShaquilleOatmeal alyssa33 maplecreamcookies YeshDatar EliasMiller zpx3 GiebienNa MoriahKofsky HaleJaeger CollegeVineSupport
Verified experts have completed comprehensive training based on CollegeVine’s proprietary data and research in the field of college admissions. Their names might look familiar because many of them host our free livestreams.
These experts are available for free on CollegeVine because we know that not everybody has access to a school counselor or private tutor when they need help. You can ask a question any time and guarantee an expert answer for 20 karma.
Don't have karma?
You can still submit a question without karma and get answers from your peers or a verified expert if they are online!
Have a question about how the CollegeVine Q&A works? Email our support team – we’re happy to help!
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
Does it matter if my essays are unrelated to each other?
I accidentally submitted low test scores to a test optional school!
How do I get in after being deferred?
Would it help to get a letter of rec from a professor who works at the school I'm applying to?
Will admission officers consider that no AP/IB courses are offered in my school?
How do I phrase this?
What kind of questions can I expect on a college interview?
When should I take the SAT?
Need Met Schools- Financial Aid
How does UC's A-G requirements work?
How can I improve my chances of getting into a BS/MD program?
Does it matter to not take rigorous classes?
What extracurricular activities will you suggest me if I want to get accepted to Stanford in CS major?
How should I decide on a major?
To Graduate, do I need to take both SAT and ACT?
Should I take the SAT essay?
What determines the "academic minimum requirement" for schools?
Question & answer community guidelines
Help keep this community safe, supportive, and helpful!
All questions and answers must abide by these guidelines:Do:
- Write a clear question title that ends in a “?”.
- Vote! Upvote posts that are helpful and Downvote posts that aren’t.
- Be kind, be respectful, and keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Flag any posts that are inappropriate, rude, or break these guidelines.
- Don’t be rude. Posts containing anything violent, racist, attacking, trolling, illegal, offensive, inappropriate, etc. are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. These are questions that list your profile and ask how likely you are to get into a school. Please rely on the CollegeVine chancing or livestreams to answer this type of question. “Chance-me” posts often turn into bragging, and that’s not what we’re about here.
- Don’t ask for essay reviews. You should use peer essay review for safe and fast reviews. Don’t post your sharable essay link on the Q&A to get a faster review. Instead, “fast-track” your essay with karma!
- Don’t share personally identifying information like your name, email, or high school. Don’t attempt to solicit, reveal, or share personal information about others.
- Don’t post advertisements. These are unsolicited promotions of yourself, your business, or products/services. Posts that break the guidelines will be locked by a moderator. Users who break the guidelines 3 times will be banned from the Q&A.