To help folks get answers faster, we’ve introduced verified experts . You can still submit questions as usual, or use to guarantee an expert answer. Answering questions can help you earn karma.
Who are the verified experts?
Current verified experts: jcdenton ShaquilleOatmeal alyssa33 maplecreamcookies
Verified experts have completed training and use CollegeVine’s proprietary data and research in the field of college admissions. Their names might look familiar because they’ve already been answering some of your questions!
We recognize that not everybody has access to a school counselor when they need help, so these experts are available for free on CollegeVine. You can ask a question and get an answer from a verified expert.
Wait, is there any catch?
You need a minimum of 20 karma to guarantee an answer from a verified expert. To learn more, You can still submit a question without karma and get answers from your peers or a verified expert if they are online!
Have a follow-up question about verified experts? Contact us – we’re happy to help!
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
Will a 27 ACT Superscore be enough to get in?
How are my EC's? And should I do more?
Is there a college list that offers financial aid to students on H4 visa which are considered as international students?
What were tools you used to narrow down your major search?
Should I trust the chancing calculator if it says a school with a <30% acceptance rate is a safety?
Will not running xc my senior year look bad to college admissions?
Can I finish high school in august and apply for the spring semester of college?
Finding Local Scholarships
How to find ways to get involved online
Can someone explain Honors Colleges?
How do I write my hobbies effectively on Common App?
Class of 2025 fewer spaces?
How can I start a club that focuses on human rights/justice?
how can I take APs outside of the school
What do I do if I don't know what to specifically write about?
Is taking online college classes helpful?
What can I do to get into yygs?
anyone applied to UCLA School of Nursing as a freshman?
Is there a chance for undocumented students to join scholarships? Are they able to apply for CA Dream Act?
I am poor.I can't afford to got studied in a good college. If I got scholarship I learn more and more. How can I get ?
Question & answer community guidelines
Help keep this community safe, supportive, and helpful!
All questions and answers must abide by these guidelines:Do:
- Write a clear question title that ends in a “?”. Put additional information in the details section.
- Vote! Upvote posts that are helpful and accurate. Downvote posts that aren’t high quality or you disagree with. You’ll help the best posts rise to the top!
- Be kind, be respectful, and keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Flag any posts that are inappropriate, rude, or break the community guidelines.
- Don’t be rude. Posts containing anything violent, racist, attacking, trolling, illegal, offensive, inappropriate, etc. are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. These are questions that list your profile and ask how likely you are to get into a school. You should rely on the CollegeVine chancing engine to answer this type of question, as it’s extremely hard for a single person to guess your chance of admission. “Chance-me” posts often turn into bragging/flexing, and that’s not what we’re about here.
- Don’t ask for essay reviews. You can use the peer essay review tool for safe and fast reviews. Don’t post your sharable essay link on the Q&A to get a faster review. Instead, try “fast-tracking” your essay with karma!
- Don’t share personally identifying information like your name, email, or high school. Don’t attempt to solicit, reveal, or share personal information about other users.
- Don’t post advertisements. These are unsolicited promotions of yourself, your business, or products/services. Posts that break the guidelines will be locked by a moderator. Users who break the guidelines 3 times will be banned from the Q&A.