To help folks get answers faster, we’ve introduced verified experts . You can still submit questions as usual, or use to guarantee an expert answer. Answering questions can help you earn karma.
Who are the verified experts?
Current verified experts: jcdenton ShaquilleOatmeal alyssa33
Verified experts have completed training and use CollegeVine’s proprietary data and research in the field of college admissions. Their names might look familiar because they’ve already been answering some of your questions!
We recognize that not everybody can access to a school counselor when they need help, so these experts are available for free on CollegeVine. You can ask a question and get an answer from a verified expert.
Wait, is there any catch?
You need a minimum of 20 karma to guarantee an answer from a verified expert. To learn more, You can still submit a question without karma and get answers from your peers or a verified expert if they are online!
Have a follow-up question about verified experts? Contact us – we’re happy to help!
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
Which asb position should I run for?
How do I build/improve my extracurriculars to be accepted into prestigious institutions?
Should I retake my SAT?
A question about extracurriculars
Wondering about how teacher recommendations work
Wondering about the stereotypical college experience abroad
What schools are best for someone who wants to study business law and/or architecture?
How many schools can you apply to early action?
which are the best schools to apply for if you want to do a double major? (best interdisciplinary programs)
Which colleges are considering dropping SAT and ACT because of Coronavirus?
What is the difference between early action, early decision, and rolling decisions?
Do you think College Confidential is a toxic website?
How do I do community service or anything for college while quarantined?
How can I build my resume if I wanna get into a seven year program?
summer programs and activities
I really want to do Biochemistry at Brown University but I'm not sure if I should take physics during my IB year?
Which is school is better for majoring in business, SUNY Cortland or SUNY Binghamton?
EGE and EFL summer program of FTE (Foundation for Teaching Economics)
Should I write my common app essay about this topic?
Question & answer community guidelines
Help keep this community safe, supportive, and helpful!
All questions and answers must abide by these guidelines:Do:
- Write a clear question title that ends in a “?”. Put additional information in the details section.
- Vote! Upvote posts that are helpful and accurate. Downvote posts that aren’t high quality or you disagree with. You’ll help the best posts rise to the top!
- Be kind, be respectful, and keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Flag any posts that are inappropriate, rude, or break the community guidelines.
- Don’t be rude. Posts containing anything violent, racist, attacking, trolling, illegal, etc. are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. These are questions that list your profile and ask how likely you are to get into a school. You should rely on the CollegeVine chancing engine to answer this type of question, as it’s extremely hard for a single person to guess your chance of admission. “Chance-me” posts often turn into bragging/flexing, and that’s not what we’re about here.
- Don’t ask for essay reviews. You can use the peer essay review tool for safe and fast reviews. Don’t post your sharable essay link on the Q&A to get a faster review. Instead, try “fast-tracking” your essay with karma!
- Don’t share personally identifying information like your name, email, or high school. Don’t attempt to solicit, reveal, or share personal information about other users.