Should I accept an offer before knowing if I got in to other school? Answered
I got accepted to one school and I think that is where I want to go, but I still haven't heard from one of the schools I applied to. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and accept so that I can get into the earlier cycle for housing.
Earn karma by helping others:
Unless you want to go to the other school more than the one you've already been accepted to, there is no reason to wait for the other school. If you are already happy with your current acceptance, you might as well accept it.
Take advantage of the early housing if this is the school you prefer. Only wait unless you really wanted the other school. If you can’t decide between the two. Pick from a hat. You’ll know based on your reaction. Be glad you got accepted. Make a pro con list too if your that kind of person. Congrats.
My older brother had this same question. I would decide on your two favorite colleges and wait until you hear back from both of them. If you get accepted into one college, but not the other, then you know which one to choose.
Here is my advice, you can do both or either. I have had friends ask for an early decision and get it, but I always feel this is a high-risk action. Instead, I'd suggest playing it a bit safe, asking for an extension. If they say no, then confirm your acceptance. And worst comes to worst (or best comes to best?) you can withdraw if you get a better offer.
If you think it is the number one choice for you, then go right ahead. It is honestly up to you and what you think your chances are at other schools. Don't do anything too rash that you might think you may regret
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!