I just finished my sophomore year and I know I want to be a nurse but how do I pick the right school?
@jojo_cramer has a solid list of things to look for in a school and if ur still unsure then visit the college! from what I hear, it hits different when you get on campus AND you can talk with the professors irl. before you commit, you can also contact an admissions counselor and ask questions! i'd also like to add that if ur focused on cost, look at the net cost!
For considering schools, you're going to have to look at a number of things:
- Your gpa (establish safety, target and reach schools)
- Location/Distance (do you want to be close or far to home)
- Price/Affordability (how much are you willing to spend?)
- Programs/Majors (make sure they're related to yours!)
- Nursing/Medical School Acceptance Rate (will it help you succeed in nursing?)
- Atmosphere/Dorms (do you like the way the school looks? are the dorms nice?)
first, you cant start by researching which schools have the best programs you're interested in. location, the type of degree you want, etc can also play a part in your ideal college. your gpa/current resume can also help you choose which colleges you can gett accepted into
Well, what are you looking for specifically? Things like location, professors, research opportunities, etc. are all great thing to consider, and the U.S. world report ranks different programs by these categories
To keep this community safe and supportive: