If you were accepted to an Ivy, what were all of your extracurriculars?
I have done this once before. I am hoping for some more answers. I really appreciate it! And don't worry if you think you sound like you are bragging. I asked for it. A detailed breakdown of your ECs would be super helpful! I am just trying to get an idea of what I need to improve for my ECs and plan for my next 3 yrs of high school.
YouTube is going to be a key source. Here is an extracurricular list example from someone who got into Yale
1.founder, STEM sclub
2. prestigious summer program for astrophysics
3. comedy club secretary
4. founded a local community service project
5. church leadership
6. made the school improv workshop
7. jv bowling
8. rotary club
9. family responsibilities.
-Team Captain Varsity Sport
-3 years ASB student leadership
-Editor and Chief of Newspaper
-Editor of Creative Writing Journal
-Editor of online 'Zine'
-School SITE council ( for curriculum strategy )
-School board member for diversity council
-Clubs sports (swimming/water polo)
-Chairperson - School District DEI Advisory Committee
-Board Member - Student Rep. City Parks and Recs
-Steering Committee - City Library Literacy Outreach program
-Board Member Community Anti-racist group
- Member of about 10 activist groups including BLM rep for my HS.
- Volunteer for various Senate/Congressional candidates 2020
-24 Credits Dual Enrollment (all As)
-6 College Credits (all As)
-Horatio Alger Scholar
-Semifinalist US Presidential Scholars Program (final round is in May)
-3rd round finalist Alexander Hamilton Scholars
-AP Scholar w/Distinction
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!