6 months ago
Admissions Advice

Language other than English

I've learn that Cal State system require world language, but it also mention that I can prove my proficiency in my language that I was born with which is Thai. I just want to know how do I do that? What are the steps or process I need to take to be able to do it ?


Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

2 answers

Accepted Answer
6 months ago

According to the Cal State Website, you have to contact the CUS campuses to which you are applying to find out if they have a process in place to assist you in demonstrating your Thai proficiency. Since no one on CollegeVine works at CalState admissions, they wouldn't be able to tell you how to do it.


If you can demonstrate competency in a language other than English that is equivalent to or higher than that expected of students who have completed two years of language other than English study, you may be allowed a waiver for this language requirement. For further information, contact the CSU campuses to which you are applying.

6 months ago

Hello, my advice would be to try to find a class that offers Thai or try to learn a new language! If you are already efficient at Thai then it would be a waste of time going to class with a language you speak your whole life. This is your chance to learn any language you are interested in learning! You can find these classes through your school but if they are not offered in your school, try to find some in your community or online. I hope this helps!


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works