What extracurricular activities could I pursue from home?
I'm currently a junior with very little extracurricular activities. I planned to change that this year, but the whole quarantine thing kinda ruined my plans. I'm looking for things I can start from home which would look good for someone trying to pursue a business major in college. Please suggest anything, I need all the help I can get...
Earn karma by helping others:
Hmm..You can start a blog, there are great resources out there. Your niche (topic) can be relating to what you care about, and have lots of knowledge and want to share about, or even like your daily life, routine, personal advancement. Or try something totally different from what you are comfortable with. This is a great time to learn something you just never had the time to, but were interested in. Since you already seem to be comfortable with the business aspects, try something more cultural or artsy, like photography. You can enrich your skills by enrolling to those amazing free online classes opening up....here are some: http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses?fbclid=IwAR1TM_hcBjRqzD-rHyd7Ly1DIhg0eE84zwUlxX-W4rmawz_QRideREyCoWo
I hope that was helpful, if you still need more inspiration, please reply, or you can go consult Google (my best friend) about ways to make use of this crisis...there are a lot of articles on how high schoolers (esp Juniors like you!) can take advantage of this time.
For the blog question @DavidTej:
I am not the expert on this since I have only just begun mine :), but just literally search that up. How to start a blog? Here are some great websites: https://firstsiteguide.com/start-blog/
But the basic line is:
1) find what you want to talk about (a lot of details there..how to get the public interested/researching trending terms..etc)
2) find a good platform/website (Wix, Wordpress...)
3) do you want your own domain? You need to pay for that. Or else, your blog URL will look like (www.urblogname.wix.com or urblogname.wordpress.com)
4) and there is more regarding ways to market your blog, how quality is better than quantity..but don't worry about all of that right now. focus on finding your "niche" and just start it!!! You will figure out everything along the way, I promise! (at least, that is what I am doing right now!)
But for inspiration, take a look at other's blogs, if you are out of ideas. Blogging is a great tool to add to your resume, as it displays not only your passion, but also your writing skills, your personality, the technical aspects such as web design and marketing (two rising industries). Here is an article from collegevine that you might find useful: https://blog.collegevine.com/starting-your-own-blog-in-high-school/
Again, really just search up any questions you have online, because I am pretty sure there are more qualified bloggers who could help you out more than I can :) Have fun, and I hope you find joy in blogging!
Since you're interested in business, you should try starting an online buisness.
A newspaper website, social media marketing
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!