7
a month ago
Admissions Advice

Does the NYU have a medicine school ?

How is the medicine program ?

?
7
4
🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @camilagiraldo to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.
@matchakombuchaa month ago

It's a graduate school so you can't apply there out of HS.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

3 answers

9
a month ago

NYU has one of the best medical schools in the country.

If you get accepted, the tuition is FREE. No Lie.

Everyone gets free tuition so about $235,000 in grants.

You just have to pay for room and board and fees. If you are poor you can apply for additional financial aid, otherwise you can get loans for that part. It amounts to about $30,000 per year for the rest of the costs.

This last class about 9243 college students applied, 999 got interviews and 102 matriculated. They accepted about 240 (2.5%) students and 40% enrolled. The other 60% perhaps went to Yale, Cornell, Harvard, etc.

https://med.nyu.edu/education/md-degree/md-affordability-financial-aid/cost-attendance

9
2
a month ago

I quickly googled it and it looks like it does, it is very competitive though. The acceptance rate is around two point something.

2
0
a month ago

Yes NYU has one of the best medical schools in the country. Rating #2 in USA at usnews.com

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools?int=top_nav_Medicine

0

Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works