back to Admissions Advice
04/25/2020 at 07:26PM

Im from Germany and would like to go to university in the US. any tips?

Hello, i would like to study Physics. im not sure where to aplly to best and if i yould even get in becouse im from Germany. i know that i have to take the sat and would be thankful for tips about scholarships, colleges and sat study tips.

NewYou earn karma when your answer is accepted or upvoted.

3 answers

04/26/2020 at 10:36PM[edited]

Since you will become an international student you will have to take a test for English proficiency either the ILETS or the TOEFL

you need to research which school you should attend and what fits you, is it a community college or a 4-year university.

This search depends on your budget, qualifications, interests,...etc

Then after you make the college list apply to them, many colleges open their early decision and early action applications in November. Make sure you fill these applications before the deadline.

@pkw90004/27/2020 at 03:48PM

Overall I think your suggestions are mostly right! The one thing is that I don't think international student can apply for US Federal Student Aid (through FAFSA). I think there is a different process for them, and I'd suggesting look at the websites of the schools you are interested in!

@mahmoud_elbaddaly04/27/2020 at 04:58PM

Yes you are right I will edit that thank you!

@pkw90004/27/2020 at 06:03PM

no problem!!

04/26/2020 at 10:20AM

I would like to suggest you that, you should get excellent grades in your high school at first

04/25/2020 at 10:18PM

Try looking at US news for strong phsyics program and look at each college you're interested in international student page and other info.