I'm really interested in psychology and mental health, and I really want to get involved in more activities related to the aforementioned topics. I've come across so many different social media accounts, clubs, and groups that put up posters about mental health in my school and even outside of school. I wanted to do something a bit more unique, and I was thinking that perhaps a blog would be good. I like to write, and I'm passionate about the topic, but I don't know if it will be a beneficial commitment of time or if it will look good on college applications (my dream school is umich). I have a few questions, however.
1. What should I call it?
2. How do I get people to read my blog?
3. Will it look good on college applications?
Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my questions, and I hope you have a great rest of your day!
Earn karma by helping others:
1. I'm not sure, but maybe you could use your own name in it or some pun??
2. Promote it heavily on your social media !! Also, think of creative titles, and have a consistent aesthetic on your blog. Make sure the website is organized and easy to read. Another thing is to consistently post quality content on your blog, and promote it when it comes out. For example, after posting your first few articles, promote them on your social media after each one. (new post on my blog! go check it out!) Also, networking with other bloggers is a good idea too.
3. Yes, it demonstrates strong writing skills and independent thought. Also, it shows the admissions officers that you're into psychology.
1. I'm not sure what a good name will be. Maybe something like "The Mente" because you'd be focusing on mental health and psychology. Btw, mente is mind in spanish and italian.
2. Make your blog titles interesting and leave people wanting to read more. Promote your blog on your social media, maybe even make an Instagram account for your blog and post previews on your newest blog posts.
3. I think this will definetely look good on college applications because it shows your creativity and passion for psychology.
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!