To write your own answer, please log in or sign up (it’s free!)
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
We're sorry to hear that you’re having trouble, but really appreciate you writing in! Luckily, we are working on a feature that should make it easier to access specific school pages from the “Find schools” tile page.
Until then, you can always find the school page you’re looking for by doing any of the following:
1. When in “Find schools,” click on the school name in the right-hand panel. This will bring you right to the school page for that school!
2. Search for the school you're interested in using the search bar at the very top of your "College list" page (https://app.collegevine.com/schools/lists)
3. Visit any school page (example: https://app.collegevine.com/schools/a63f1e58-a2ca-499e-a332-55802d4ca33e) and use the search bar at the top to change schools!
Thanks for asking your question! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions!
Financial Aid Calculator (Still Live):
- Make sure you fill out Profile >> Financial Profile (https://app.collegevine.com/profile/finances/intro-questions)
- Visit the school page that you’re interested in and click the “Costs and Scholarships” tab: (Example: https://app.collegevine.com/schools/1bfefe30-2a71-4a8b-acef-ad3fdd7726f0/finances)
Estimated Hours of Effort (Still Live):
- You can find this on each school's page under the “Overview” tab, in the “Details” section, in the second box
- Seniors can also find their total application effort on their College List page
Group Chats (Removed):
- These were taken down because there weren’t many students using chat after December, which meant that the few students who WERE still chatting weren’t getting responses, sadly. We are working on a way to improve the chat experience and would love to bring it back soon!
Similar Profiles (Removed for most schools):
These are down for most schools (temporarily) as we work on bringing in better data to match and display similar profiles. Stay tuned!