Help with my ECs?Answered
Happy to have any critics or help intended towards making a better applicant.
1) Captain of my school's football team; won tournaments; Played for DD u15
2) Write articles for my school's newspaper and will be editor in chief in my senior year
3) Summer internship
4) Summer Program ( Communications and technology) at a university
5) Head of competitive coding team
6) Member of school's Bizakeo club ( business oriented club) ; held meetings ; workshops
7) currently making an app
8) Publish articles for a teen magazine; 2k+ readers
9) will start an online business with 2 other people.
Earn karma by helping others:
You're on the right track for sure with what you're currently doing. Are you more interested in business or coding? I can tell from your ECs that those two things seem to be your main interests (and if they're not let me know what is and we can come up with some more ECs) but you might want to focus on one more than the other depending on what you want to study in college.
Here are some computer science ECs: https://blog.collegevine.com/extracurriculars-to-consider-if-you-plan-to-study-computer-science/
Here are some business ones: https://blog.collegevine.com/extracurriculars-for-high-schoolers-interested-in-studying-business/
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!