5 months ago
Admissions Advice

Can I transfer from a 3-year degree program to a 4-year degree program in my sophomore year?


I am pursuing a 3-year Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in Computer Science. Am I eligible to transfer to a US university (4-year degree program) in my sophomore year?

@Melokenzie5 months ago

That would very per school as they have different requirements. I know some have a limit of credits that can be transferred. Find a few schools you like and see what their transfer policies are.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

1 answer

5 months ago

Only the college admissions office of the school you are transferring into would give you a correct answer. So if you apply to 3 or 4 new schools, contact each and every one of them to make sure that you know how the transition if accepted would work and whether or not you would lose and college credits in the process.


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works