Is 'writing' a topic?Answered
I want to write an essay for the Common App, and I want to write it on what I'm really interested in (writing, traveling) and I want to know which prompt I should answer. Should it be:
6) Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- I love talking about writing stories, captivates me because I love reading and I love the thought of turning ides into something people will read
1) Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Writing is my interest, it's one of the most meaningful things to me
Please help! I originally wrote an essay on traveling but I don't feel like it's strong enough, so I want to rewrite it.
Earn karma by helping others:
Hello! I would love to answer this question!
I personally feel that 'writing' is a great topic for your common app essay since you mentioned you really enjoy it!
I think prompt number 6 would be the one for you to write the essay. Also may applicants use prompt 1 for sharing their story of having a "different life experience" in the sense of "living in another country and how that effected your culture".
Make sure to write a very unique 'writing' essay!
I hope I was able to help.
overall, Im very happy for you and I hope this journey goes well!! good luck!
I feel like #6 gives more of a chance to talk about your interests and really captures your love for it
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!