Would it be a good idea to write about how I traveled to costa rica for Spanish for my common application essayAnswered
One of the prompts for the common app essay reads "Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others." Would it be a good idea to write about how that experience helped me grow or is it too weak of an idea? All feedback is appreciated, thank you!
Earn karma by helping others:
It is indeed a very good idea. You MAY consider it. But please take some points into consideration.
The whole point of this prompt is that:
A) To know what kind of stimuli do you expose yourself to.
B) How do you handle these? What do they mean to you, and how you think.
So write likewise.
About Costa Rican Program:
1. Did it really spark a DEEP, MATURE and CREDIBLE personal growth period? Or is its fanciness the point.
2. We often are moved deeply, but we can't pin down the exact emotions. Then the efforts and feelings are a waste.
3. Do you have a better option for it? If so, how better is it? What makes it better? How better does it define who you are TODAY.
If all these points are thought of, the about writing:
1. Do a Mindmap. Write (Costa Rican Program) in the middle and simple write all the words that come into your mind. Again and again and again. Refine it. Read it. Choose from it. Include those points in your essay. Construct it.
2. SHOW DON'T TELL. Tak the officers to Costa Rica, make us feel the way you do and make things truthful and logical.
I hope this helps.
Good Luck, and don't stress on being unique. That you are!!! BELIEVE.
Upvote if it helps you all, people!
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!