Hi! I've made a post like this one about a month ago asking about what I could add to my resume and all the advice was very helpful! I followed a lot of the advice given to me and the community was really helpful, so thank you all <33!
However, with the new update, my chances have dropped again and I was hoping if anyone can offer some new advice as to how I can improve my chances- now with the new update in mind!
Here are my stats!
- 4.0 Unweighted / 4.51 Weighted (just got my new rc, and grades went up!!)
- All Honors and AP Classes (will have completed 9 or 10 APs by senior year)
- 25+ Hours of Community Service
- Internship at a worldwide, non-for-profit (writopia labs)
- Published in two online literary magazines
- Had a play professionally performed in a theater festival at Bryant Park
- Writer for the school Literary Journal and Yearbook, Junior Editor for the School Newspaper, Lawyer for Mock Trial team
- Founded my own initiative teaching (around 20) middle schoolers creative writing, hoping to expand to at least 10 other cities in 2023-24 with the help of volunteers I have already hired
- Delegate for a MUN Youth Council this summer
- Recently played the lead in the school play
Things I Want To Do:
- Assume leadership positions in clubs (theater director, mock trial captain, newspaper editor)
- Get published in more literary journals, specifically highly ranked ones and ones more focused on political creative writing
- Get an internship with a local congresswoman
- Get into the Senate Page Program (using the internship with local congresswoman as leverage, if i can get it)
With the new update in mind, is there anything else I can do to improve my chances for top 10 or top20 schools? Am I on the right track?
If writing, English, and teaching are your major interests, then I would say that you are on the right track with the extracurriculars you are planning to add! If you want to lean into the theater direction in college more, then I would say that you should add more theater-based extracurriculars to your list. Perhaps a good intersection of your interests would be playwriting or scriptwriting. Hope this helps!
To keep this community safe and supportive: