How much impact to my college admission with few/no medals , awards ?
Am a junior in high school and had decent SAT test score along with some AP and Honors credits. I did couple of volunteer works and working in clubs at my school . But I don't have any awards/medals. How much I impacted with my college admissions with this situation?
Can some one provide info about EC's which give some weightage to my admission.
To write your own answer, please log in or sign up (it’s free!)
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
1. I think you should join a service club. This will show that not only are you capable of keeping your grades up, take tests, and get decent scores, but you also are willing to offer a hand and help out in your community. To start off, go with recycling club, key club, or interact club.
2. If you're looking to receive a medal, try getting into NAHS or NHS. Ask a teacher you're friends with to recommend you to one of the teacher leaders in the organization.
If you are not able to achieve 1 or 2, then you should boost up your volunteer hours... and when I say boost up I mean BOOST UP! Since you will have more free time from not doing 1 or 2, you could make your volunteer hours go up to a crazy high number. The crazy amount will for sure appeal to college admissions counselors.