Incoming sophomore here. I wanna narrow down my ecs. My interests are biochemistry, computer science, humanitarianism, and creative writing/prose. Any suggestions for strengthening my ecs and narrowing down some.
- Research (Not established)
- FIRST Competitive Robotics Team
Creative Writing & Humanities
- Writing Competitions (Applying)
- Podcast & Newsletter (founding with my friend)
- DWA fundraiser for Nigerian orphanage (Not established)
- Volunteer @ local natural science museum
- Computer science nonprofit (founded with my friend)
- Member of Nigerian youth organization
- Student Council
At the end of the day, how much time do you want to cut down? I'm not going to give you specifics, because at the end of the day if you want to weed down on extracurriculars you have to follow your heart. If I were you, I'd definitely keep FIRST robotics. It's a huge commitment and also relates a lot to the majors you want to pursue. Also I think your nonprofit is a big one to keep under your belt because it shows your initiative. The rest of them, I think you should keep as many as possible but prioritize the events that you think speak most truly to your own character, whatever that may be. I will say though, you could tone it down a bit for writing competitions and make your volunteering more focused on 1 or 2 groups to show depth over breadth. I hope this helps.
To keep this community safe and supportive: