Wants to major in chemistry
Wants to go to Ivy League School but doesn’t have that many opportunities
There aren't many extracurriculars that are specific to chemistry, but many are specific to sciences. That's what I would recommended partaking in, in addition to taking the furthest level of chemistry your school allows you to take.
Here are some ideas:
- chemistry tutoring on UPchieve or in person, you can do this as a job or for free and earn community service hours
- science fairs & contests such as science olympiad
- start or join a club that has some relation to chemistry (environmental club, STEM club, etc)
Honestly? Do what you enjoy and makes you happy. Colleges will know when you're doing something specifically to get accepted and would rather see you be yourself. If you love chemistry than find a way to learn more about it. Watch videos, conduct experiments, start a club, whatever you love!!
I'd greatly appreciate it if you accepted my answer/gave an upvote! Hope I helped and good luck :)
Here are a few activities I recommend:
- Start a chemistry club at your school
- Create a blog or YouTube channel about your favorite topics in chemistry
- Conduct chemistry experiments at home
- Volunteer for a charity in a role that involves chemistry, e.g. cleaning up pollution
- Find a part-time job or internship that involves chemistry
Hope this helps!
To keep this community safe and supportive: