Do my extracurriculars reflect my intended major?Answered
Ok so currently I'm doing
1.Devoted to Children-Haiti remote internship
2. Congressional Advocacy for Rebuilding Alliance-Israel/Palestine
4. Amnesty International(Treasurer)
5. Civic Works(they advocate for human rights all over the world) online volunteer
I also plan to write and self-publish a book on eurocentrism
Do you think that this shows my interest in international relations/affairs?
Earn karma by helping others:
Yes, but you should make sure to not over extend yourself. Focus on a few of these and see if you can rise to the top level of a few of these! Depth, not breadth
So to answer the question, yes, I would say your ECs do seem to reflect your major. I also agree with @crsgo0422 that you should focus on the depth of your ECs and not the breadth. Having said that however, I think it's also important to consider that not every EC you do HAS to be related to your intended major. Colleges still want to see who you actually are as a person: hobbies, interests, the things you enjoy that make you...you. Those things can be just as important as ECs that reflect your major and colleges want to know about them. They can help you stand out from the crowd otherwise you can come off as someone who might be "boring" if that makes sense.
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!