Any ideas for a Red-Cross Club?Answered
I plan to start a Red Cross Club at my school this year. Any ideas of activities/service I can start?
Earn karma by helping others:
I would suggest that you focus mainly on these four things:
1. Initiating fundraisers
2. Teaching life-saving and first responder skills
3. Encouraging members to volunteer for hospitals. Because of COVID, this might mainly be raising funds.
4. Service projects unrelated to hospitals/health. This may seem like a stretch, but redcross.org states that it wants club members to serve their community.
A couple at my school were blood drives, fundraisers, and supporting the organization. But now, with COVID, these things are harder to do virtually. I attended another virtual Red Cross event where they covered emotional first-aid, evacuation, disaster preparation, emergency preparation and they turned out to be very engaging! Hope this helped :)
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!