back to Admissions Advice
03/01/2020 at 04:50AM
Admissions Advice


hey i'm a very active member in FFA at my high school and have my state degree as well as having competed in many CDE and LDEs but I don't know how to put that on the extracurricular portion. Any help would be much appreciated


Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

2 answers

03/04/2020 at 09:56PM

Sometimes you have to approximate things a bit, but I'd probably put it as an Interest Club or Community Service? And then try to roughly fit the tier to where it fits the amount of time you've put into FFA and the level of the things you've completed. Hope that helps!

03/03/2020 at 06:51PM

I agree with @jcdenton. Community service or interest club sound like they probably make the most sense. When you say you have competed in many CDE and LDEs, what do you actually do at them? Depending on the answer, maybe you could put it under non-art competitions but I'd go with interest club or community service before that I think.


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works