Any ideas to gain more submissions for my school magazine? Answered
Basically we only accept art and writing from students, but not many submit each time we have a submission cycle.
We currently have posters around the school and raffles, but I was wondering what else we could do as people are still not really submitting. We have considered giving free promotional spirit wear and other stuff to each person who submit, but does anybody have any other ideas of what works for their school or what you would want in return for your submission? Like what could convince you to submit to your school magazine if you were hesitant or just uninterested.
Essentially, does anyone have marketing tips to gain submissions for a school literary magazine?
Earn karma by helping others:
Ooooh okay I can help on this one. Literally in the same exact position. Here are some things that my literary magazine did this year to get extra submissions/enrollment:
1) make it a requirement for every member of the club/magazine
2) make it extra credit for all english classes
3) make it a requirement for students taking Creative Writing, Speech/Debate, Journalism, or other english/writing electives (students would just submit one of the pieces they’ve been working on throughout the year)
4) (possibly) you could also partner with EHS or the Book Club/Literature Club (if you have one) or S&D team, Newspaper, etc etc and offer membership points as a bonus for sending in artwork or writing since, from my experience, students are always looking for ways to get extra points
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!