Any good chem tips?
Hey! Does anybody have any tips for chemistry(just a general chem high school course, not AP)? Or any resources?
I'm just looking for tips for taking notes/class participation, etc. and some good resources in case I'm confused about what my teacher taught or just preparing for a test. Ex.) websites, youtube channel/playlist, online resources, books, etc.
Thanks so much!
Earn karma by helping others:
Uh I am in AP right now, but my tips can apply to you.
1) Read the textbook. If your teacher has a textbook, read all of it. Don't skip over any details. Read all the little cutout sections that talk about chemistry applied to the real world. It will ALL help you.
2) Organic Chem Tutor. This is an awesome youtube channel that goes over chemistry concepts and multiple examples to make sure you have a concept down.
3) For online textbooks, I'd suggest chem libre text. AP textbooks are also helpful but they may be overkill for an honors/cp class.
4) For studying, treat chemistry like a math class. Do lots of practice problems in each concept.
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!