a year ago
Admissions Advice

International students admissions

I am an international student on leave of absence at a US institution. I would like to transfer to another school.

Can I legally do that as a first year student or must I pick up from where I am in my current school? How will that affect my current SEVIS record?

🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @Jaye to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.
@DebaterMAXa year ago

Are you currently at college or are you still in high school?

[🎤 AUTHOR]@Jayea year ago

Currently at college.

a year ago

I'm assuming you're an international student because you mention the SEVIS record? Maybe check this article out: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students/instructions-for-transferring-to-another-school-as-an-f-1-student

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

1 answer

a year ago

Collegevine is a freshman admissions geared site. So I can’t help as I have no clue but my advice is.

Talk to someone at your colleges enrollment office(likely called the registrar) and ask about SEVIS as I have no clue what that is. You’d transfer as your current grade assuming you’ve completed more than a semester.


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works