I am currently a sophomore and is on a pre-med track. id like to be a bio or chem major but I haven't fully decided yet. Please help !!
You could start with a small literature review while looking for a mentor. Pick one narrow biology or chemistry question, read a few papers, and keep a table of what each study asked, how it tested the question, and what its limitations were. Then write a short comparison, including what you still don’t understand. Ask a science teacher to help you narrow the scope.
If you later describe this in an application, call it a literature review rather than claiming you conducted an experiment. Keep the reading notes and drafts.
Disclosure: I’m helping promote EZCollegeApp.
To keep this community safe and supportive:
Cold email professors around November, look for a format online and read some of their research articles that interests u and email them abt it. Then ask if they have time to have u in their lab for the summer.