please read the details for more information!!
so I accidentally put the wrong teacher for a specific schools recommendation and they have already submitted the recommendation but I feel bad removing them. I just don’t want the common app to tell them that I took their name off.
does it alert the recommender when you remove their name from the school??
To write your own answer, please log in or sign up (it’s free!)
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
I hope this is helpful, I found this on the COMMON APP FAQS
(Copied from COMMON APP Website)
How can I remove a recommender?
You will only be able to remove a recommender if the form has not been submitted. Once your recommender submits the online form, the recommendation is locked with your application.
To remove, or unassign, a recommender from a particular school, please follow the steps below.
1. Contact the recommender to advise that you will remove them from a specific school or altogether
2. From the Recommenders and FERPA page of the specific school, click the X icon.
To remove a recommender from all your applications, go to the "Manage Recommenders" button in the Recommenders and FERPA section. You'll see a trash can icon to remove them.
If your school is using Naviance, please contact your counselor for assistance.