a year ago
Admissions Advice

Can I apply for college as an international student after graduating senior high school?

I don’t think I have done enough in my capacity to get accepted to my dream college so I want to make an effort for another year and apply then. I am currently promoted to grade 12. So what do you advice me to do? Can I still make it after finishing my senior year?

🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @Tina_tadesse to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

2 answers

Accepted Answer
a year ago[edited]

You can take a gap year to improve your application. However, you should only do it if you have plans for that break. You shouldn't stay put and just chill in the gap year. Try to come up with a project or do some internship.

Google "gap year" and you might find some great opportunities.

But either way, do your application this year so you can learn about the process and give it a shot.

Good luck!

a year ago

You might want to look into going to a community college and then transfering over.


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works