What happens if I submit my common app application on time but my Letter of Recommendation and Transcript is late?
I am applying to different schools for early action. I will finish my Common app application on time but I don't know if my school will be able to send my letter of recommendation and transcript on time. If I send my application on time but my school sends my transcript late, will they still review my application? If they don't review my application, are they going to move it to a regular decision or reject it?
To write your own answer, please log in or sign up (it’s free!)
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
The answer really just depends on the college. At college webinars that I've been to, admission officers stated that they usually understand that teachers and counselors are busy this time of year and will be lenient and wait for your letters of recommendation/transcript-aS LONG as you submitted your application through the common app.
There are two things that YOU can do:
1) Email the colleges that you are applying to and tell them about your situation; most colleges will be flexible.
2) Pester your teachers and counselors to submit the materials; constantly remind them... email them... talk to them at school(if you can)