Any tips for writing a "Why I am a good fit for this program"? essay?
To write your own answer, please log in or sign up (it’s free!)
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
Although it can seem tempting, try to stay away from more vague answers like, "I love the aspect of community, the great professors, etc." While these are all great things about a program, they're also things you could say about virtually any program of any college in the country.
1. Be ultra specific about aspects that attract you AND THEN ALSO
2. Relate these aspects to who you are as an applicant. This second point is crucial because while colleges appreciate that you've done your research into their program, the essay still is you "selling yourself" as a great fit and someone who will do well at their school.
Here's an example:
"One of the most exciting courses offered at (Program name) is (Course Name) taught by (Professor Name). The class is specifically focused around (specific interest) which would greatly help me develop my interest in (interest/research focus name), as I did in high school by participating in (directly related activity).
Hope this helps a little! Best of luck to you in all your admissions!