back to Admissions Advice
β€’ 11/10/2020 at 02:26PM

I changed my school right after tenth grade. Do I need to contact my former school to upload my past results?

I changed my school right before eleventh grade. How do I get my former school to send

my past results? Is it necessary? Do I need to contact the school to send it or would the common app simply notify them for me?

NewYou earn karma when your answer is accepted or upvoted.

2 answers

β€’ 11/11/2020 at 02:01AM

Yes, sending all formal high school transcripts are necessary when applying to college. You will have to reach out to your previous school's administration (generally this is a guidance counselor or front office) to coordinate them releasing your transcript directly to you or to the schools you intend on applying to. To clarify, YOU will have to contact them and make sure everything is sent so that the schools you are applying to can verify your grades from all years thus far in high school.

Accepted Answer
β€’ 11/10/2020 at 11:51PM

Yes, there should be an option to show that you went to two different high schools. I would talk to your current high school counselor to see what the best course of action is - all high schools are different- and go from there.

Best of luck!