To write your own answer, please log in or sign up (it’s free!)
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
You don't have to take the SAT or ACT to go directly into the San Francisco Police Academy or Denver Police Academy Recruit Training after high school. You will likely have to take physical tests and police training, language, and writing tests to graduate from the academy though. Each academy has different requirements so you should check them out or even call them to learn more.
It does seem like getting a college degree helps if you want to grow your career as a police officer (more leadership and higher salaries). If that is the case, then you should consider taking the SAT or ACT. Some colleges are test-optional though, so you could always apply to one of those!
For San Francisco:
- "Applicants must be a U.S. High School Graduate or have passed a G.E.D. or the California High School Proficiency Examination or have an AA or higher degree from an accredited college or university."