a year ago
Admissions Advice

What undergraduate major would you suggest if wanting to go into physical therapy and kinesiology?

I am currently a Junior in High School and starting the college search process... I'm not quite sure what category to choose. I am interested in the physical therapy and kinesiology field...

🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @aleishaford to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

1 answer

a year ago[edited]

First off, you really need to specify on your interests before anyone can offer aid (otherwise the advice your gonna receive is more likely than not going to be opinionated a bit).

Since this seems to be a health-related question, I strongly, strongly suggest this site: (https://forums.studentdoctor.net/)

I can only offer so much help as a fellow peer, but learning from undergraduate, pre-med, and even medical and nursing students will really open up your view on the pertaining subjects—

For Physical Therapy: “While there are no specific undergraduate majors required, many physical therapists get their start with a degree in biology, physics, psychology, healthcare, chemistry, kinesiology, or exercise science.” (https://www.sports-management-degrees.com/faq/how-do-you-become-a-physical-therapist/)

For kinesiology: “ Kinesiology is simply the study of something we all encounter every day: movement. It's also a college major that can lead to a successful career after you graduate. There's a lot to know about majoring in kinesiology, though. ... The types of jobs you can get with a kinesiology degree.” (https://blog.prepscholar.com/what-is-kinesiology-major)


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works