back to Admissions Advice Q&A
12/30/2020 at 05:03PM

What course rigor would this be?

Where I live, the universities offer "AP" style classes in the sense that they are college-level courses, give a final exam based out of 5, and can give college credit within the universities participating (it is offered by CB in the region of the world I am from). I know it is not AP nor does it give me college credit in the US. I'm taking this type of class in precalculus, and there is an honors precalculus and a regular college algebra below my class. Should I categorize these as dual enrollment, honors, or AP? Thanks!

NewYou earn karma when your answer is accepted or upvoted.

1 answer

12/30/2020 at 06:17PM

So does it provide HS credit?

If it does then its dual enrollment.

If its just college credit then its in a grey area that would most likely fall under AP but that is super tentative.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask for clarification.

[🎤 AUTHOR]@dlzz12/30/2020 at 06:20PM

It's college credit. I see it as an AP but not really. As you said, it is a gray area.

@DebaterMAX12/30/2020 at 06:45PM

So it just offers college credit and not high school credit? If true just Becuase it’s collegeboard run I’d say it is AP.

[🎤 AUTHOR]@dlzz12/30/2020 at 11:04PM

Alright it does, thanks!