research or internships
Are there any internships available for juniors in Houston, TX? Or any doctors I can shadow/ professors I can help in the research lab?
Earn karma by helping others:
Here are three options you could consider:
1) NASA (https://intern.nasa.gov/) - they have internships for high school students (must be 16+yrs old) and would be awesome for anyone interested in STEM!
2) Luckily for you, there are so many hospitals in Houston! You can look on their websites and try to find a doctor to email and ask about shadowing opportunities. You could also see if any of the hospitals have volunteering - you could volunteer regularly throughout the summer, which could be an awesome learning experience. It would be a great way to meet people inside the hospital that you could then ask for internships the next summer?
3) Baylor Med! You could look into some research opportunities at Baylor. This will definitely require you sending out a few emails, but it could be really worth the effort! Examples:
If you reach out to the hospitals/research labs, just make sure you're very polite and able to communicate what you want out of your summer experience. If you're willing to do an unpaid internships, definitely mention that because it could only help!
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!