a year ago
Admissions Advice

What will replace the SAT Subject Tests?

My school doesn't offer many foreign languages (with only Spanish offered) and I was planning to take the SAT Subject Tests in German and Latin. But now I can't do that. What can replace these?


Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

2 answers

Accepted Answer
a year ago

So as AJ said you can look into CLEP that provides college credit or you can go through a 3rd party and get a certificate that says you have xyz skill. But while it’s definitely less impactful than the SAT it would easily show you have xyz skill.

Or you can have it be an extracurricular and have it be impactful that way. I’m not so sure if this would be able to work but I feel like it’s worth looking into.

Hope this helps and feel free to comment if you’s like clarification as I’d be more than happy to help!

a year ago[edited]

You could try certificates in those languages like the Deutsch Zertifikat in the level you are proficient in :) If you live in the US (or abroad) there should be places where you can take them. There are several resources online to look for similar tests if what you want is to show you know the language!



Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works