5 months ago
Admissions Advice

Where can I find “federal taxes paid” on the tax return for the CSS profile?

I’m trying to fill out the CSS Profile, and one of the questions wants the amount for federal taxes paid and says it’s on line 14 of the 1040 form. But line 14 on the 1040 says “subtract line 13b from 12b” and so zero is the number listed in the box for line 14. I’m not sure if I’m reading this wrong and this means zero dollars were paid, or if this is even what they’re asking for on the CSS. If this is not where I’m supposed to be looking, can someone point me in the right direction?

🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @teapot to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

1 answer

5 months ago

What form did you file? It's possible you paid no federal taxes.


Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works