which extracurricular activities are better?Answered
hey guys, I'm an international student in my last year of high school and until now I don't have any stand-out extracurriculars, but I have some ideas. So please, tell me which ones do you think are better to make my application brighter :)
- research with my high school teacher
- found an astronomy club and make it "famous" in my community with open classes
- found a project focused on gender equality in my community providing speeches, fundraising for low-income girls, etc
- found an Instagram project to help Brazilian high school students to study abroad (just like I want to)
if you have any other ideas, please, help me! it's a difficult process to understand and get into an American university when you are an international student.
ps. I'm not sure about my major, but I think it's going to be pre-med/biology
ps 2. besides these activities, I dance ballet and I give free English classes
Earn karma by helping others:
Founding an astronomy club would be cool, universities are always looking for leadership qualities within extracurricular activities so that would be a good option. Giving free English classes is a good extracurricular, you could even start charging money and make a business out of it.
Since you're in your last year of high school, it might be difficult to start a completely new project or club and make it something large enough to put on your college application. However, I think doing research with your high school teacher would definitely be good, especially if you do biology-related research since that is your intended major.
To keep this community safe and supportive:
- Be kind and respectful!
- Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!