Hello collegeviners, I'm a grade 11 student (junior) in South Africa who is very interested in studying in the USA and the UK. I have a 3.6 GPA, I have a leadership position in speech and debate, and now I'm in the middle of starting a non-profit passion project. I would like help to improve my resume and improve my chances of getting into these top schools. Any thoughts?
Thank you for your advice. However, my school has very limited clubs for my major. Could you recommend anything from the outside, perhaps? <3 <3 :)
I am ngl I had to do some looking to find things that would be of possible use but I have found some online clubs and programs that could help without having to share sensitive information such as location. But here are some links, ( crimsoneducation.org/za ) ( varsityabroad.co.za/ ) (intoglobal.com/ ) ( studygroup.com/ ) ( ukcisa.org.uk/ ) These were what I could come up with. Let me know if these help:)
What major are you interested in? That would help narrow down activities outside school. For your US applications, I’d build on the project you’re already starting: choose one small, useful thing you can actually deliver, then ask the people involved what needs improving. A project can be worthwhile without becoming a large nonprofit.
Your debate experience could also translate into coaching younger speakers or running a small workshop, if that interests you. Keep notes on your role, time spent, and what changed; those details will help when writing activity descriptions.
Disclosure: I’m helping promote EZCollegeApp.
To keep this community safe and supportive:
You already have a really good foundation. I would recommend participating in clubs and activities related to your preferred major. Hope this helps :)