Skip to main content
0
• 2 days ago • Admissions Advice
Admissions Advice

Please help me! I need constructive criticism and advice please!

Ok, so I am a sophomore in High School right now, and right now I am just looking for constructive criticism on what I have going for me

Grades: For starters, I was not really locked in, but I am going to be this year, and these are for this year and last year. Also, honors don't affect my weighted GPA if questions arise.

- UW GPA = 3.8

-W GPA = 4.0

Classes:

-9th Grade: AP Human, AP Stats, Honors English 9 , Biology, Honors Spanish 2, Honors Algebra 3(Basically 2 but its called 3 for some reason), Competitive Debate, Intro to Comp Sci

-10th Grade: AP Precalc, AP World, AP Micro, AP Macro, Honors English 10, Chem, Physics, Chamber Orchestra(Highest LeveL), Honors Spanish 3

ECs: Ok, before you judge, this is all I have right now, I am not gonna gatekeep but I think its alright for a sophomore

-Debate(Made the state roster, 1 of 6 out of 70, made finals at state, 2nd alternate for nationals, all in 9th grade and now I am the vice-captain of my event)

-NPOs:

--State Representative for National Youth Legislative Association(helped create a nationwide fellowship program alongside other state representatives for NYLA)

-State Representative for National Law Society (Helped establish a fundraiser to fund legal aid foundations that help serve people with wrongful convictions, etc., reached 80,000+ people)

-Internships:

--Governmental Affairs Intern (Appointed as the 2026 Governmental Affairs Community Impact Intern for Project Pulmonary; selected into a highly selective nationwide application-based program)

--Workshop Educator Intern (Selected out of 96 applicants to be a workshop educator/ tutor intern over the course of 12 to 15 weeks, teaching subjects ranging from Intro to Public Speaking, Advanced Public Speaking, and Advocacy & Civic Engagement)

Volunteering: I really need work here

- Served as a defense and prosecution attorney in a restorative justice program, presenting real juvenile cases before a jury of trained student volunteers as part of the Teen Court Program

Sorry for making you read so much but if you guys have any advice, please put it in the comments. Thank you so much!

HelpPlease
0
1
🎉 First post
Let’s welcome @SHANKS to the community! Remember to be kind, helpful, and supportive in your responses.

Earn karma by helping others:

1 karma for each ⬆️ upvote on your answer, and 20 karma if your answer is marked accepted.

1 answer

0
• 19 hours ago

Really impressive... don't really have any advice, just a comment on the impressiveness. I've seen friends with less impressive resumes at the end of senior year get into Ivy League schools or at least top 20 if that's your goal. If you keep this up, dream school is yours. The classwork is as advanced as it get

0
What are your chances of acceptance?
Your chance of acceptance
Duke University
Loading…
UCLA
Loading…
+ add school
Your chancing factors
Unweighted GPA: 3.7
1.0
4.0
SAT: 720 math
200
800
| 800 verbal
200
800

Extracurriculars

Low accuracy (4 of 18 factors)

Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!

How karma works