Skip to main content
Admissions Advice

Admissions Advice

Get your questions answered by peers and admissions experts
60
PINNED POST
🎉 First post
• a year ago
Discussion

📣 Community Forum Reopening Announcement 📣

We’re pleased to announce that the Community Forum is now officially open once again.

We appreciate the patience, curiosity, and enthusiasm you’ve shown. Your continued interest and support meant so …

60
11
86
PINNED POST
• 2 years ago
Question

Update: Forum Posting Temporarily Suspended

We wanted to inform you that posting on CollegeVine’s community forum will be temporarily suspended for a few days as we work to mitigate some recent spam posts. While the forum will still be accessib …

86
deleted
40
96
PINNED POST
• 3 years ago
Question

Recent Changes to Google Settings for Third-Party Apps like CollegeVine

ACTION REQUIRED: Update CollegeVine App Settings in Google Admin by October 23, 2023

For enhanced student data protection, Google is set to limit access for users under 18 to third-party apps like Coll …

96
4
0
🎉 First post
• 2 days ago
Question

Wait or send immediately

I’m applying to UNC Early Action as an out-of-state student, and I’m running short on time. Right now, I’m prioritizing shortening my personal statement and finishing the second required supplement.

Gi …

0
2
0
• 2 days ago
Question

is it normal to have an inaccurate score on the PreACT that is different from the school (14) and MyACT(29)?

I took the test online on a school day in April 9, 2026, and on MyACT doesn't show my report just the total when I looked at schools with a min to max accepted ACT Score on plans and explore schools I …

0
0
🎉 First post
• 4 days ago
Question

NYUAUD ED1 profile feedback -a Nigerian student interested in Cs/Ai

Hi! I’m a Nigerian student applying ED1 to NYU Abu Dhabi for Computer Science, with a particular interest in AI/ML. I’d really appreciate feedback on how my application comes across, especially from c …

0
2
2
🎉 First post
• 10 days ago
Question

Am I dreaming too big with my college list? International student from Brazil needing a full ride

I’m applying to U.S. universities for Fall 2027 and I’m starting to get a little worried that I might be aiming too high. I’d really appreciate an honest assessment — especially from people familiar w …

2
3
2
🎉 First post
• 11 days ago
Question

Is multiple AP's worth it?

I'm a rising junior and I've done 2 AP's (one still in progress). Next year will be my "spike year" with 6 AP's. By the time I graduate, I will have 13 APs. I planned this out thinking of my future as …

2
3
-4
🎉 First post
• 21 days ago
Discussion

What helps you switch off between college application tasks?

I am sharing a resource from Ask Ayurveda, the project I work with, and curious how people here handle breaks during application season. Does putting a stop time on essay edits actually stick, or do y …

-4
-15
🎉 First post
• 23 days ago
Question

How Do You Know You Are Ready for the Microsoft SC-300 Exam?

We’ve all been there: the syllabus feels completely covered, but that lingering doubt remains- am I actually ready for the real exam? Let’s be honest, just completing Microsoft Learn modules or readin …

-15
4
0
🎉 First post
• a month ago
Question

How do we create a profile worth Ivy League?

Hi. I am Arshia from India, currently in 12th grade. Here in India, we don't have many opportunities for schools to provide AP classes and all. I don't have any extracurriculars, and I am thinking of …

0
2
-8
🎉 First post
• 2 months ago
Question

How I. Improve my application

Colleges i wanthas very low chance for me like 1% only

-8
1
1
🎉 First post
• 2 months ago
Question

Advice on application strengthening/Standing out?

Hi, I am currently a sophomore. And I'm trying to get a head start on strengthening my application. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice for me.

Here are some of my stats:

Leadership:

1
3
3
• 2 months ago
Question

Worried about admissions!!!!

Hi everyone!

I’m a 15‑year‑old junior, and even though it’s still early in the year, I’m already thinking a lot about my chances at schools like U‑Mich, Caltech, Cornell, and a few others. I’m planning …

3
1
🎉 First post
• 2 months ago
Question

help

how do i edit my profie?

1
1
0
• 2 months ago
Question

Can a nursing major go to medical school?

I'm a rising sophomore in Wisconsin, and next spring I plan to get my Nurses Assistant License (CNA). I'm interested in being a nursing major in college, but I also want to go to medical school for pe …

0
1
1
🎉 First post
• 2 months ago
Question

How Should I Make Myself More Competitive? (UMD)

I'm a rising junior in high school (In State & County) with a 3.714 UW GPA and a 3.941 W GPA. I'm very interested in becoming a cloud engineer, and getting a bachelors at a good school is one of the t …

1
1
1
🎉 First post
• 3 months ago
Question

Question About Audited Courses on College Applications

I have a question about college applications. If I complete an online course by auditing it (without earning the official certificate), can I still list it on my application as a completed course, or …

1
2
2
🎉 First post
• 3 months ago
Discussion

Repeating a grade as a student who skipped one?

Hello, all. I skipped a grade in elementary school. Thus, I spent middle school one year younger than the other students in my grade. I completed freshman year of high school with a 4.0 UW, 4.14 W, ta …

2
1
1
🎉 First post
• 3 months ago
Question

Nursing admissions at UTK

I am currently going into my senior year of highschool here in tennessee and I just want to hear other peoples experiences with getting into (or not getting into) UTK's nursing program. I have a prett …

1
3
• 3 months ago
Question

international student

International student advice

Hi, if anyone would be able to review my profile that would be amazing. I am an international student and only last year begun looking at US universities, but am now set on …

3
1
0
🎉 First post
• 3 months ago
Question

CSUs with diversity

I’m a rising senior and I plan on going to college in state. My current college list consists of Cal States, UCs, and one community college. What I was wondering though is which CSUs have a high perce …

0
1
1
• 3 months ago
Question

Need help with essay ideas?

I am struggling badly with the common app essay. Could you tell me if starting out like "all my life i've been a performer" and how me doing theatre and choir made it hard for to find who I was until …

1
Displaying questions 1-20 of 11899 total
 

Join the conversation

Ask a question
Start a discussion
See how your peers are thinking about college admissions.
Reply to a post
Help other students and share your experiences.

How karma works

Community Guidelines

To keep this community safe and supportive:

  1. Be kind and respectful!
  2. Keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
  3. Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. Use CollegeVine’s chancing instead!